It has been 2 weeks since the release of ‘The FUD Factor – Overcoming Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt to Achieve the Impossible’. If you’ve ever thought about writing a book of your own, prepare yourself for an incredible journey —and if you’re truly passionate about what you’re writing about, it’ll all be worth it.
Leadership has been a passion of mine since the 3rd grade, and for over a decade now I have had the opportunity to share my stories and hear the stories of some INCREDIBLE leaders. When the writing process for this book started, there was one goal in mind – help people see the Fearless Leader in themselves and accelerate their leadership journey. It was important to include a wide range of stories so that anyone who might pick up the book could find someone they relate to. From 20-year olds like Brian Cameron, a great role model to high school and college student-athletes, to 50-somethings like Zak Brown, CEO of McLaren Racing – this book is designed to apply to EVERYONE, regardless of their age, gender, or career level.
Now, some of you might have gotten this far and are wondering – what the heck is FUD and how does it relate to me? FUD is the fear the world puts on our shoulders throughout our life: “Be careful. You might hurt yourself” or “Nothing good has ever happened doing that.” Next up is uncertainty: “I don’t know if I would try that” or “That looks risky.” And the third stop on the FUD train is doubt: “Go ahead and try out for the team. Just remember it is competitive, and you might not make it.”
I am sure you have heard statements like this at various times throughout yor life. From playing sports as a young kid to making a decision in the workplace – FUD is always there. So how do you overcome it? Welcome to ‘The FUD Factor’. Fearless Leadership is not a one-size-fits-all approach or a linear trajectory. Being a Fearless Leader requires you to commit to
- being FEARLESS in your efforts to overcome fear, doubt, and uncertainty not just in yourself but also in those you lead
- being a LEADER every single day and sharing the gift with others
- being GOOD by embodying and modeling the Fearless Leadership attributes of strength, courage, faith, service, humility, and leadership
- being IMPACTFUL through the best practices of communicating a clear vision, setting challenging and attainable goals, and establishing a simple system to produce results
- being COLLABORATIVE with all stakeholders, employees, investors, customers, and vendors in a meaningful way by intentionally and authentically developing and continually improving your brand, relationships, communication, EQ, and influence
- being LEGENDARY by leading, coaching, mentoring, and cultivating emerging, stuck, challenged, and get-better leaders and giving them the gift of Fearless Leadership
- beginning the NEXT phase of your Fearless Leadership journey by recognizing the moments along the way when you need to launch, leap, and overcome and never ever stop growing as a person, professional, and leader
Through some of my own stories and stories of those who I have met along my leadership journey, ‘The FUD Factor’ will help you overcome your FUD to achieve the impossible.
Thank you for being on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy ‘The FUD Factor’!
Enjoy the FEARLESS JOURNEY